In this episode of Make Sense, I sit down with Chris Volz, a software engineer who has worked with some big companies like Electronic Arts and Capital One. We talk about Second Life, the Metaverse, crypto, and where their place is in tech’s future.
– What is Second Life… and is it the same thing as Metaverse?
– What types of people were attracted to Second Life and what were they attracted to? (Is porn the great catalyst for technological advancement?)
– Is the general population ready for Metaverse?
– Interlude: We did a vodka tasting test in grad school!
– Where does crypto stand? Is it a fad?
– Is there anything in fintech that is exciting or interesting?
Make Sense is a weekly series dedicated to talking about startup stories from the past, hysterical or mind-numbing blunders, how to do better. We also discuss how tech impacts us and how we can raise the bar when it comes to the ethics, morals, and standards in the tech industry.
Chris Volz is a Staff Software Engineer and Technical Lead, I have a strong background in the development and management of software projects. With over 3 years of experience at Doma and previous leadership roles at Capital One and Vocus, he has a diverse skill set and a track record of successfully leading and motivating engineering teams.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch new episodes each week!